Morris, Illinois (60450)
- Wheat Higher at Midday
- Wednesday wheat futures are trading in the black at midday. CBT futures are up 10 1/4 to 14 1/4 cents so far. KC HRW futures are also up by double digits with gains of at least 9 cents so far. HRS wheat futures are 7 3/4 to 11 cents stronger...
- Cotton Futures Mixed at Midday
- Front month cotton futures are down 10 points in old crop July contracts. New crop cotton prices are trading 4 to 20 points higher so far, tightening the inverse. The July to December cotton futures spread is still 1.22 cents at midday. Census data showed US March cotton shipments were...
- Corn Continues Higher at Midday
- Midday corn futures are higher at midday led by new crop. Old crop futures are up 2 3/4 cents so far. New crop corn futures are up double digits with Dec 11 1/4 cents stronger. USDA’s mandatory reporting system notified markets this morning of large export sales activity. Mexico purchased...
- Soy Complex Stronger at Midday
- Midday beans are trading with gains of 6 to 7 3/4 cents for old crop and 12 3/4 to 14 1/4 cents for new crop. Cash soybean prices from cmdtyView show WCB beans are $15.42/bu and ECB beans are $15.61/bu for spot delivery. The national average harvest basis is 86...
- Lean Hogs Continue Gaining
- Through midday, lean hog futures are trading 10 cents to 90 cents in the black. USDA’s National Average Base Hog price was $114.11 this morning after recovering $2.50. WCB hog prices were quoted at $120.16. The May 3rd CME Lean Hog Index was $107.37, up by 27 cents. Official...
- Cattle Complex Working Higher
- After losses to start the week, midweek trading has fat cattle futures 90 cents to $1.17 higher. This morning’s online FCE auction sold 1,091 of the 1,683 head listed for a wtd average price of $118.65. Sales were between $117.75 and $119. Cash trades outside of the FCE remain light,...